Monday, June 27, 2011

Silhouette Boxes



Again, I am so inspired by all the bloggers out there and keep trying to bring some great diy designs into my home!

This great idea is one I picked up from Nikki's Nifty Knacks:

The inspiration photo:


This was a pretty easy project actually, just a lot of Mod Podge and drying time. Maybe a little too easy....I ended up going a little overboard and making multiple versions!


Mr. B's childhood "safe" that wasn't secure enough to protect anything, but that he couldn't bear to give away:





Now, I think its much more bearable to look at and even still "locks"!





A shoe box from Aldo that now can be used for pretty storage:








And an oversize box:



Such fun!

P.S. Thank you to the books who were 'recycled' for this project, you will always be remembered!

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of these! Spot on to the original with your own flare. I prefer the book pages over the musical notes as well for sure.

    ReplyDelete