Saturday, November 6, 2010

Z Gallerie Inspiration

I saw this great piece on an even greater blog, Three Men and a Lady, that she had purchased from Z Gallerie:



I loved the look and the size of the piece and wanted my own!

After hunting my local Z Gallerie and even the (amazing) Z Gallerie outlet outside of LA, I could not find the fabulous yellow and I was not happy with the price of the Mariposa Collection at $99.95.





I wondered if I could use an apothecary jar I found at Ross for $12.99 and go for a similar look.





Before:







I used Rust-Oleum Spray Paint:






During Priming:






After:


Its new home. The top shelf is still a work in progress, but it is coming along!





What do you think? Should I do more for my own "mariposa-esque" collection? I have a slightly less ornate apothecary jar that might be next:

No comments:

Post a Comment